IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU
With your desires, through your powerful and capable body, in the comfort of your birthing space.
Birth is a sacred and transformative time for women. And for centuries, it is women who have served as the personal guide to laboring mommas through the journey of pregnancy and birth. Having dedicated support for both you and your partner is an invaluable resource during childbirth. Doulas provide education, emotional & physical support, and consistency so you and your partner can enter birth with confidence & clarity.
Explore our services and schedule a free consultation today.
Birth doula packages include:
- One complimentary consultation. This is a casual time for us to get to know each other and see if we are a good fit! We will discuss your pregnancy, your expectations, past births, and answer any questions you or your spousemay have.
- Unlimited text, phone, and email support. I am available via text or phone to answer any questions or give you a pep talk! I think it's important to develop a quality relationships with each client. I don't want you to feel like you are inviting a stranger into your birth space.
- I come to your home for two prenatal visits and we will cover the following topics:
- Your wishes for your birth
- Possible birth fears and concerns
- Where you want to labor (home vs. birth center/hospital)
- Hospital protocols
- What to bring to the birth center or hospital – mom and baby
- Doula comfort techniques (counter-pressure, breathing, touch, etc.)
- Review labor sign posts
- Postpartum plan (breastfeeding, newborn care)
- Assistance and continuous support during your labor. I am yours from the time you ask me to meet you in your home, birthing center or hospital until you have your baby. Also up to one hour after birth to assist with bonding and breastfeeding, if needed.
- One post postpartum visit 1-2 weeks after you and the baby have returned home. During this time together we discuss the birth and I provide additional resources for you and the baby regarding postpartum care, if needed.
- I work with an excellent team of professional and experienced doulas from Queen City Doulas for back-up so your birth is always covered.
- Three sixty minutes massages. Use them how you want. My suggestion? Get some relaxation or some pain relief with a prenatal massage, encourage your body to go into natural labor with a Natural Labor Induction massage, and definitely save one for postpartum. Labor is hard work and you deserve some self-care! (** Only included in the Goddess Package)
- 20% off any yoga package. Yoga is a great way to stay active during pregnancy and connect with your baby and body. (**Only included in the Goddess Package)
- Free admission into any Bellies and Babies sponsored workshop. Workshops range from pelvic floor therapy to meditation to financial planning. Pick the workshops that matter most to you. (**Only included in the Goddess Package)
BIRTH DOULA RATES
Basic Package: $1075.00
Goddess Package: $1300.00
Hi, i'm sara
I am all about you creating your own birth experience - living in control of your decisions, your body, and your power. I deeply believe in a woman's bodily integrity, her capacity to make decisions, and that birth is a natural and normal part of our existence.
My passion for birth began when I helped a dear friend at an unassisted and unplanned homebirth on New Year's Eve (it's a great story!) It was solidified during my own three very different births: an induced cesarean birth, a spontaneous labor cesarean birth, and an induced VBA2C (vaginal birth after two cesareans)
If you are anything like me, you think doing it all on your own can be scary & overwhelming & confusing (where do you even start?) which is precisely where I step in.
Take the next step to make your birth as beautiful as the dreams that dance in your imagination.
You're in the right place if...
- You want someone standing by your side, making sure you have everything you need for a positive birth experience
- You want a personal resource guide to help wade through all the conflicting pregnancy advice and figure out what's best for you and your family
- You want a VBAC and need someone to guide, support, and encourage you on your journey
- You want to feel less anxious and fearful
- You want someone to help guide your partner to give you more support
- You want to lower your birth risks - doulas can decrease your laboring time, lower rates of cesarean birth, less use of epidurals and other interventions, and more satisfaction with birth experiences